WELCOME TO Plastic Paradise!!
Approvals: The Admin will approve new members from 7 a.m. EST to 10 p.m. EST. If you do not receive an E-mail after registering, it may be for one of two reasons.
1. You registered after 10 p.m. EST but before 7 a.m. EST which means the Admin is sleeping. -or- 2. The E-mail saying you were approved is in your SPAM box.
If you do not hear back or have a problem registering, please use the CONTACT tab at the bottom of the Plastic Paradise Forum homepage.
This is the perfect place to learn more about Blythe, the Pullip family, Petite Blythe (both Takara and Littlest Pet Shop) and other similar plastic dolls (i.e. funky big eyed friends and vintage plastic dolls), share your own knowledge, BUY/SELL/TRADE/BARTER, just hang and chit/chat! This is a small, friendly atmosphere without formalities so just kick back with friends and RELAX.
PLEASE NOTE that if you were a member of Plastic Paradise when it originally opened several years ago, you may no longer be a member. Both the original membership and all of the original messages were transferred to Blythe Kingdom to allow the Admin here to take a much needed break. The changeover took place on October 22, 2010 so if you were a member prior to that date, you will need to sign up again here.
RULES OF THIS FORUM
- This group is for mature individuals 21 years or older.
- If you have any concerns, questions, or problems PM the Admin first before going "public" to air your grievances.
- Please be considerate of others.
- No name calling, referring to E-bay sellers by name as they could be a member here, no discussing specific people or squabbles on other forums, in general, leave your baggage behind.
- Leave drama from Bad Dolly Deals where it belongs --> on Bad Dolly Deals. Speaking of which, if you have unresolved BDDs or if your name seems to be mentioned multiple times there, you will not be approved as a member of this forum.
- If someone starts a thread that you don't like or if it's just someone who annoys you in general try to avoid it and THEM! The Friend and Foe system is available here - mark them Foe and you won't have to see their post (unless you physically CLICK on it - their comment, even within a thread, will be hidden other than their name).
- Do not use screen shots of this forum or link to a topic here on to create drama or to hurt another member on Flickr, Twitter or any other social website. You may use screen shots from here on Bad Dolly Deals for proof should you have a case open there.
- Absolutely no discussion regarding religion or politics. Topics with religion or politics will be removed and warned to Original Poster if needed.
- Anyone found to be a nuisance will be removed/banned (i.e. fed to the Sharks) at the discretion of the Admin. You will, however, be contacted first and given a choice to either follow the rules or to no longer be a community member.
-There is a group on the Island called "Adult Swim." You are automatically enrolled in it should you have 5 posts. You'll need to be a member of this group in order to participate in some of the slightly volcanic topics in the "Primal Scream" area, which is a lightly moderated area where we discuss current and sometimes volatile topics in the hobby. I added this area to ensure that people don't join the forum solely to engage in a "Primal Scream" and then leave never to be seen again as this particular area of our forum is one that requires both a tough skin and maturity.
-There is another group on the Island called "Marketplace." You will only be able to see a portion of the Island Marketplace when you join the Island. You will be automatically enrolled in this group after you introduce yourself to your fellow Islanders. You will then be able to see the remainder of the Island Marketplace including the dolls and sundries for sale by other members.
-Islanders who have "0" messages will now only be able to see the Rules and Introduction section of the forum. Once you post your Introduction, you'll be able to see everything but the Marketplace and Primal Scream.
-There is FEEDBACK on this Island. Each Islander is responsible for starting their own FEEDBACK thread prior to listing anything for sale in the Island Marketplace. The FEEDBACK thread is for transactions that take place on this forum only. All prior transactions conducted by an Islander on the Mainland should be checked out prior to engaging in any transaction (i.e. BDD, Etsy and E-bay Feedback). Islanders will gain access to the Marketplace once they create their own Feedback thread. A link to their Feedback thread will be added to their Profile.
- You must provide photos of the actual item you are trying to sell. No stock photos are allowed. Even NRFB items must have pictures and they must be YOUR pictures.
- "Taking Offers" must have a starting price, end date & time, but does not have to have a "buy it now" option. Please do NOT initiate a countdown as your auction is coming to an end (i.e. just 2 hours to go, just 1 hour to go, just 34 minutes 30 seconds to go!) and it is preferred that you list it in the OUT IN THE 'BAY section.
- Please do not sell dolls outside of the sales section (IE: adding items FOR SALE in your signature). If you are caught doing this more than once, admins will revoke your access to the sales section.
- You may have ONE ACTIVE POST in each of the various Sales sections (i.e. Castaways, Stranded In the 'Bay, Sundries, Looking for Treasure, Island Boutiques, Island Spas) at a time. You may list as many items as you need to in each post.
- Please DO NOT REMOVE PHOTOS/DESCRIPTIONS from your SOLD sales posts. It is for both the buyer/seller's protection.
- Do NOT request the money for an item be sent as a gift. We've all learned the hard way that PAYPAL may not reimburse you should your purchase arrive damaged or become lost in the mail system.
- Do NOT ask for Paypal fees or fees of any kind on top of your sale price. If you want to recoup your Paypal fees, please try to calculate them before listing your item for sale and roll it into the price of your item(s) instead of asking for them.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Trades/Sales/Swaps between two parties are the responsibility of those parties and the moderator will not double as a mediator. Prior to dealing with someone, please check their Feedback thread in the Island Marketplace, ask for references and check Bad Dolly Deals on Livejournal.
-Anyone who has an existing Bad Dolly Deal who has made no effort to make amends will be banned from the Island (thrown to the sharks).